Consult something about Thesis, reach us through our Facebook - THESIS CONSULTANTS
Check the Thesis Tutorial Videos here --> Thesis/Dissertation Videos
Definition of Terms
Guidelines in defining terms:
1. Only terms, words, or phrases which have special or unique meanings in the study are defined. For instance, the term non-teaching facilities may be used in the study of the teaching of science. Non-teaching facilities may be defined as facilities needed by the students and teachers but are not used to explain the lesson or to make instructions clearer. Examples are toilets or comfort rooms, electric fans, rest rooms or lounges, and the like. They may also be called non- instructional facilities.
2. Terms should be defined operationally, that is how they are used in the study. For instance, a study is made about early marriage. What is meant by early marriage? To make the meaning clear, early marriage may be defined as one in which the contracting parties are both below eighteen years of age.
3. The researcher may develop his own definition from the characteristics of the term defined. Thus, a house of light materials may be defined as one with bamboo or small wooden posts, nipa, buri, or nipa walls; split bamboo floor and cogon or nipa roof. This is also an operational definition.
4. Definitions may be taken from encyclopedias, books, magazines and newspaper articles, dictionaries, and other publications but the researcher must acknowledge his sources. Definitions taken from published materials are called conceptual or theoretical definitions.
5. Definitions should a\be brief, clear, and unequivocal as possible.
6. Acronyms should always be spelled out fully especially if it is not commonly known or if it is used for the first time
Prof. Erwin M. Globio
Mobile: 09393741359 / 09323956678